Hess Auction Group’s auctions are open to the public and buying is easy! Our staff is available Monday through Friday, 8am-4pm, to answer any questions you may have. Please contact us at 717-664-5238 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are many ways to place your bids depending on the auction: in-person, internet bidding, and absentee bidding.
- Bidding at Conestoga Auction Gallery
- Our Conestoga Gallery auctions, such as Weekly, Furniture, Lawn & Garden etc. are entirely online and require you to create an account and register with HiBid.com.
- Bidding at Conestoga Auction Gallery: High-End Catalog Auctions & Other Specialty Auctions
- Typically, our high-end catalog auctions and specialty auctions we host at Conestoga are available live in-person and online. If you prefer to bid in person, you’ll need to register for a bidder number using your driver’s license and contact information at our office. If you choose to bid online, you’ll need to register with the bidding platform used for that sale. Absentee bids are also available for these auctions if you are unable to attend live or bid online.
- Bidding for On-Site Personal Property Auctions
- To register to bid for an on-site, in-person auction you will want to arrive about an hour before the start of the sale to register for your bidder number.
To register for online bidding, you will need to create an account with the bidding platform and enter your credit card information prior to the start of the sale.
- Bidding for Real Estate Auctions
- To bid live, in-person at one of our real estate auctions all you need to do is show up! There is no registration process. If you are the winning bidder, you will need to pay the down-payment and sign the Terms & Conditions of Sale on the night of the auction.
Online bidding is usually available for our real estate auctions as well. You will need to create an account on HiBid.com and input your credit card information. You will be able to bid live during the auction or place your max bid. If you are the winning bidder, your credit card will not be charged but you will be responsible to a make the proper arrangements to pay the down-payment.
At the close of an auction, whatever successful bids (purchases) you place will be automatically charged to your card.
When you register to bid at our auctions, you are required to read through our Terms & Conditions for that sale, essentially entering you into a contract. If you are a successful bidder, you are required to pay your items before leaving with them. We highly recommend inspecting the item in person if possible before purchasing as well as reading the description & condition report. If you cannot preview in person, please contact us with any questions you have or additional photos you may need. We do our best to describe everything to the best of our knowledge. All items are sold “As Is.”
Typically, absentee bids need to be arranged well before the start of the auction. If absentee bids are received after the start of the auction, we will do our best to execute the bid, but can make no guarantee. We are not responsible for any missed absentee bids. Additional charges may include sales tax and buyer’s premium.